Australia Covid news live: PM confirms extra Pfizer doses as NSW records 141 new cases and two deaths, including woman in her 30s
Scott Morrison confirms extra 85 million Pfizer doses; NSW records 141 new local cases and two deaths, including a woman in her 30s; too soon to tell if Victorian lockdown will end Tuesday as state records 11 new local cases. Follow all the latest updates, live
- Australia update: woman in her 30s among two deaths as NSW records 141 new coronavirus cases
- Scott Morrison defends George Christensen’s anti-lockdown activism but labels Sydney rally-goers ‘selfish’
- Coalition rebuffs request by NSW treasurer to bring back jobkeeper to curb Sydney outbreak
- Anti-lockdown protest: two men charged with allegedly striking police horse in Sydney
- NSW restrictions; NSW hotspots; Vic restrictions; Vic hotspots
With that, we might leave you for the night.
I’ll see you bright and early on the blog Monday morning to kick start the next week of news.
Okay, here are the numbers on all the arrests and penalty notices to come out of the Syndey anti-lockdown protest so far.
NSW police say they have received more than 5,500 reports from members of the public, with 63 people arrested.
Thirty-five people – aged between 18 and 69 - were charged with various offences, including assault police officer in execution of duty, resist officer in execution of duty, wilfully obstruct officer in execution of duty and not comply with noticed direction...
Of these, 20 were refused bail to appear at Parramatta Local Court today [Sunday 25 July 2021].
Investigators are following up every report and have issued two court attendance notice and [penalty notices] to 16 people today.Continue reading...