Australia Covid live news update: Victoria records 603 cases and one death as state braces for construction industry fallout
Victoria’s highest number of cases for this outbreak; no opportunity to meet with French president, Scott Morrison says; Daniel Andrews orders two-week construction industry pause. Follow all the day’s news live
- NSW and Vic restrictions; Vic hotspots
- Roadmaps out of lockdown: why NSW and Victoria are taking different paths to Covid normal
- Victoria to shut down construction for two weeks after anti-vaccine mandate protest
- Vaccine rollout and rates tracker; Cases and data tracker
- 5km and 10km from home map: check your travel radius
- Get our free news app; get our morning email briefing
Protesters and police gathering outside the CFMEU building ahead of a 10am protest. pic.twitter.com/2Re2JxFite
Annastacia Palaszczuk is speaking now.
She has confirmed the state has recorded no local Covid-19 cases, although she noted that the Byron Bay case just south of the border is concerning.Continue reading...