Australia Covid live news update: NSW records 1,022 cases and 10 deaths as state allows ‘friends bubble’ for school holidays; Victoria records 603 cases and one death
Qld to ‘wait and see’ how NSW deals with Byron Bay case after no new local cases; NSW kids can socialise in bubbles of three; Victoria’s highest number of cases for this outbreak. Follow all the day’s news live
- Roadmaps out of lockdown: why NSW and Victoria are taking different paths to Covid normal
- Victoria to shut down construction for two weeks after anti-vaccine mandate protest
- NSW and Vic restrictions; Vic hotspots
- Vaccine rollout and rates tracker; Cases and data tracker
- 5km and 10km from home map: check your travel radius
- Get our free news app; get our morning email briefing
We are just standing by now for the NSW press conference where health minister Brad Hazzard will announce the daily numbers.
NSW-Queensland border bubble is also under threat with the revelation a person with Covid-19 was infectious in several northern NSW communities for two days, reports AAP.
Here is the new Western Australian campaign encouraging people to roll up their sleeves and get the jab:
There is only one way out of the pandemic - to get life back to what we know and love, and safeguard what we’re so lucky to have.
For your friends, your family, and your community - it's time to roll up. pic.twitter.com/YmehmnsMm2